The "GOES I-M Databook" is a 186-page paperback introduction to the technical aspects of the spacecraft and instruments.
The Databook was written by the vendor, Space Systems-Loral.
First issued in 1994, it was re-released as "Revison 1" at the end of 1996.
GOES I-M DataBook
19 November 2001 edition of this web page
To get a PDF digital copy of "Revison 1", click on the main link to the entire book (2.7 MB), or on the following links to files for each of the 20 sections of that book (100-200 kB each).
To read documents formatted in Portable Document Format (PDF), get a free reader from Adobe.
Add the Acrobat Reader for your platform to the list of web browsing helpers as an "application/pdf" for files of type ".pdf".
GOES I-M DataBook, as PDF files
The entire Databook (2.7 MB)
- Overview of the GOES Mission
- The GOES Spacecraft Configuration
- Space Environment Monitor Subystem
- Solar X-Ray Imager (SXI) Subsystem
- Image Naviation and Registration Subsystem
- Communications Subsystem
- Telemetry and Command Subsystem
- Electrical Power Subsystem
- Attitude and Orbit Control Subsystem
- Propulsion Subsystem
- Thermal Control Subsystem
- Deployment Mechanisms and Structures
- Operations Ground Equipment
- Spacecraft Mission Profile
- On-Orbit Mission Operations
- Summary Table
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
©COPYRIGHT AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMER NOTICE
This information is in the public domain.
Permission is granted to use, duplicate, modify and redistribute it.
Please give credit for the satellite images to NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center.
NASA and its employees provide absolutely NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.